Xiaomi is the pioneer in the wearables advertise, on account of the far reaching success of its Mi Band wellness tracker. Mi Band 3 which included touch controls, and Mi Band 4, the first to bring a color display, are two of its blockbusters. Both of these wellness trackers are stacked with features to the overflow and Xiaomi recently introduced a great new feature, i.e unlocking laptops with the Mi Band. Definitely, Xiaomi recently pushed out an update to the Mi Fit friend application. It includes the PC unlocking usefulness, which is restricted to Windows until further notice, to the Mi Band 3 and Mi Band 4. I got this feature chipping away at my PC at the beginning of today, so I thought why not share a snappy guide on how you can unlock any Windows PC with the Mi Band 3 or Mi Band 4.
Unlock Windows Laptop with Mi Band 3/Mi Band 4
Note: You should have the latest version #4.0.17 of the Mi Fit application introduced on your Android or iOS gadget. I tried this feature utilizing Mi Band 3 (firmware version #22.214.171.124) and Moto G5 Plus. Additionally, the feature is currently restricted distinctly to India.
1. To begin with, open the Mi Fit application (Free, Android | iOS) and access the Mi Band settings through the ‘Profile’ page.
2. Look down on the settings page and tap on ‘Lab’ to discover the recently included ‘Unlock Mi NoteBook’ Option Essentially switch it on to empower the feature.
5. Your country or region should most likely be India. From the dropdown menu, you now need to change the Region to China.
6. Once you have changed the region, open the Microsoft Store and search for the ‘Mi Blaze Unlock’ app once again. You will now see the app pop up in your search results. Go ahead and install this app on your Windows laptop..
Update [13/4]-Note: You can change the country or region back to India once you have installed the app. It won’t affect the app’s functionality and the laptop unlock feature will continue to work as intended.
7. Now, fire up the ‘Mi Blaze Unlock’ app. You will need to have a PIN code set up on your Windows machine to move forward with the pairing process.
8. Pair your fitness tracker, be it Mi Band 3 or Mi Band 4, with your Windows laptop over Bluetooth. You will have to tap the Mi Band’s button to complete the pairing process.
What’s more, that is all, you are a good to go. You would now be able to unlock your Windows PC using the Mi Band 3 or Mi Band 4. The unlocking feature uses Bluetooth and works dependent on proximity. On the off chance that you are wearing a matched Mi Band on your wrist, your Windows machine will unlock consequently when you are close by.
You will essentially need to hit the space bar or swipe up on the lockscreen (on the off chance that you own a touchscreen Windows machine) to get in. Additionally, your Windows PC will auto-lock when you leave it. Truly stunning, correct?
Mi Band 4/Mi Band 3 Become More Powerful
As should be obvious, the PC unlocking feature for Mi Band 3 and Mi Band 4 will absolutely prove to be useful for some, Mi Band clients out there. You no longer need to stress over locking your Windows PC when you leave. Additionally, you don’t have to enter a PIN code each time you need to unlock it. No doubt about it I consider this to be a success win.
In this way, feel free to evaluate this PC unlocking feature on your Mi Band. On the off chance that you face any issues with the previously mentioned process, don’t hesitate to ask your queries in the remarks beneath.